C3A and C4A ELISA test in serum
C3A is one of the proteins formed by the cleavage of complement component 3. Traditionally thought to serve a strictly pro-inflammatory role, recent investigations have shown that C3a can also work against C5a to serve an anti-inflammatory role. In addition, migration and degranulation of neutrophils can be suppressed in the presence of C3a.
C3A&C4A: Request Form from USA
Serum-based tests : 2 ml SERUM. Centrifuge immediately after clotting. Keep at ambient temperature or 4°C for 24h. For longer periods, aliquot, freeze and ship frozen.
- C4A is an anaphylatoxin generated by cleavage of the complement component 4 (C4) upon activation of the component system. C4a increase causes local inflammatory response and symptoms of hypersensitivity. C4a levels are elevated following exercise in CFS patients.
- Both C3A and C4A were identified as major players in CIRS (Chronic Immune Response Syndrome) biotoxin pathway - the complement system becomes chronically activated resulting in high levels of C4A and C3A.
- An US study (Shoemaker et al., Int Arch Allergy Immunol 2008;146:255–261) had reported that elevated complement C3A and C4A levels are early markers for Lyme disease in tick-bitten patients.
- Stricker RB, Savely VR, Motanya NC, Giclas PC. Complement split products c3a and c4a in chronic lyme disease. Scand J Immunol. 2009 Jan;69(1):64-9. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3083.2008.02191.x.
- Nijs J, Van Oosterwijck J, Meeus M, Lambrecht L, Metzger K, Frémont M, Paul L. Unravelling the nature of postexertional malaise in myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome: the role of elastase, complement C4a and interleukin-1beta. J Intern Med. 2010 Apr;267(4):418-35. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2796.2009.02178.x.
No, we will send you an invoice once we receive your sample. All payment instructions are listed on the invoice. You can pay by wire transfer or credit card (VISA or Mastercard only). Please kindly note that checks are no longer accepted. The analysis report will be released only if the tests are paid.
It will take approx. 4 weeks to get the results from all tests, except for MSA (6 weeks) and CD56 and CD57 (48 -72 hours).
feedback Report comment